Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5th-6th

I hope you're all doing well in the US! Spain is still unbelievable! Yesterday (sunday) we went to the beach and had a great time hanging out together. Although we got approached every five seconds for a massage (always from an asian lady), a henna tattoo, a beer, a mojito, or "fresh" coconut (all middle eastern people) we still had a great time. The highlight was when the police would walk by because all the solicitors scatter like cockroaches. It's illegal to sell anything on the beach. Having a day to go to the beach and relax was unbelievable. We also visited the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar. It is a very famous and beautiful church, and I would put up pictures but I'm feeling a little lazy today (Spain is having an influence on me).

Today was another great day of class, and I figured out I can walk to class with two people from my program since the direct metro line is so far away from my apartment. The walk is about 20 minutes, but getting to walk around the city is worth it. I just got back from a catamaran cruise provided by CEA, and it was very beautiful but we didn't do very much besides go down one part of the shoreline. I will say that pickpocketing is made out to be a much bigger deal than it actually is. You have to be essentially be asking to be pick pocketed.

I may not move back home because I love Barcelona so much!

1 comment:

  1. If you're going to stay I'm on my way! Love, Madre

    ReplyDelete