Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31st

Barcelona is unbelievable. By far the best city I have ever been to. I met up with a local that I met in Oklahoma through one of the SAE board members, and he showed my roommates and me around the city (yes my roommates good). He took us up in the hills where apparently a lot of tourists don't go, and the view was awesome. He then took the 3 of us to his house in the hills above Barcelona. His house is absolutely amazing. His family owns a winery outside of Barcelona and another in napa valley. There was wine everywhere at his house, and they have a personal cook who wears a uniform and cooked us a 3 course meal. We were at this guy's house for several hours, and some of his friends came over while we were there. They're all really cool and they spoke to us in English and Spanish. After all of this, we all went to Shoko, a club on the beach in Barcelona. It was a ton of fun!

Needless to say this morning was a little rough having to get up at 7am for an orientation, but this city is amazing. I've never been anywhere as unique as Barcelona and I love it! My first class was today, and everything is about soccer! Our teacher finds ways to related everything to soccer!
Here are pictures of the view we saw yesterday:










3 comments:

  1. What the hell have you set up for yourself over there? We were concerned that you were going alone, and here you are with a personal tour guide, a chef and rolling around town with beautiful girls. I'd say "have fun", but it looks like you already have that down. Be safe. - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics- wonderful views! Wish I was there having a glass of wine with you. Miss you lots and always be aware of your surroundings.....Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cortland,
    We are already jealous!! Have a wonderful time...next time Mark needs to go with you!!
    Love,
    The Hahns

    ReplyDelete